Copyright © San Benito Dance Academy | All Rights Reserved
What are all these dance styles?
Ballet: the classical core of other dance types... technique, control, core support, turn out, flexibility, timing, classroom decorum, and more!
Jazz: stylistically influenced by popular culture, rhythmic, tricks and flexibility, and strengthening technique
Broadway Jazz: a more simplified, reduced Jazz-style dance class that is stage/actor-friendly, to gain experience by learning fun choreography to popular musical tunes, learn stage directions and performance technique, and still a great cardio workout!
Lyrical: contemporary dance expressing movement to music
Tumbling: intro to acrobatics with exploratory movement, emphasizing control, and increasing bodily awareness and flexibility
Acro Fusion: acrobatic tricks, flexibility, and stylistic flair all compacted into exciting dance form!
Tap: rhythmic steps learned in patterns and sequence, primarily focusing on footwork
Yoga: our studio happily offers a yoga class once a week that is free to all SBDA families!
Ballet 2 & under- once a week (may take more if you choose)
Ballet 3- twice a week suggested
Ballet 4- twice a week required
Ballet 5- three times a week required
Ballet 6- three times a week required
Ballet 7- three times a week required
Ballet Level Class Attendance Requirements
Leotard and tights,
proper ballet shoes
and nothing bulky or loose
and ballet shoes
any colorof leotard & tights
For all ballet levels:
For Jazz, Lyrical, & Modern:
- Leotard or Form-Fitting exercise shirt
- Jazz shorts or pants (leggings)- skin tight
- Jazz shoes, Footundeez, lyrical sandals, etc.
- Hair pulled back and secured out of face
- Acro: barefoot or Footundeez, as comfortable
- Appropriate outfits that won't get in the way
- Tap Shoes
Shoes, leotards, tights, and outfit accessories sold at SBDA studio.
For Male Dancers:
- Black or white tights or leggings (may wear black spandex-shorts over leggings)
- White shirt (form-fitting; tee or tank)
- Black or white ballet shoes
- Hair out of face (gel to slick back, if necessary)
Pay per month or subscribe for auto-deduction
Ages 3 - Adult
In Your Dance Bag:
- Water bottle
- Healthy snacks
- Dance shoes
- Sweats, shorts/skirt, warm up clothing, etc.
- Notebook, writing utensil
- Hair/Bun kit (brush/comb, hair pins, hair ties, hair net, etc.)
- Towel (floor work, sweat, etc.)
- First Aid kit (basics for needs: bandaids, etc.)
101 McCray Street, Suite 104 Hollister CA 95023 USA