~The Explanation, continually pivoting with our times!~
We are still forging ahead with planning for recital season. Due to extenuating circumstances we continue to find ourselves in this year, we (once again) have to format our recital season preparations and processes/systems a bit differently than in the past. Thank you for understanding we are doing what’s best for our community during these times, and trusting we are still committed to providing quality dance education and presenting a way for our dancers to celebrate their successes and talents through means of some sort of a recital-showcase this year! And don’t worry! As our recital season unfolds this year, again unlike any season before and in accommodation of our times and the circumstances with which we are confronted, we will give you info as things develop! One step at a time!
So, what is the plan and intended format for recital season this year?
General Overview/Intended Format of the Season
This is the intended formatted flow for this recital season (knowing that all things are pending inevitable change in circumstances, to which we will be flexible and accommodating):
* Costume Measurements & assessing costume inventory - Feb. 15-20: DONE
* Ordering Costumes - by March 1 - DONE! (over 450 costumes ordered!)
* Costume Payments - March
* Recital Participation Forms/Commitment - collecting, w/ Costume Payments & March tuition!
* Recital Dance Choreography begins in classes - March!
* Class & Individual Photos - Friday, June 18 on Picture/Practice (Dress Rehearsal) Day
LOCATION DETAILS: dress rehearsal ("Picture & Practice") and filming
will take place at 1400 Orchard Rd. at the Villa & Sons warehouse.
* Film Live performance of each class dance - June 19
* Present a viewing of the edited recital production - showing will be June 26 at the same location.
We provide periodic updates and check-in emails along the way, informing our dance families of each step of this recital season. Stay tuned for emails and messages in your Family Portalregarding developments during Recital Season! Reference THIS UPDATE about our communication methods, and how you can access important tools, resources, & any communications (season updates/emails, etc.).
Thanks for your attention and desire to stay in the loop! There's a lot in store during this exciting season! Stay tuned as more details are forthcoming.
~Ms. Lara & the SBDA Admin Team
1) Recital 2021: Dress Rehearsal & Filming:
This sign up list is for the specific volunteer jobs during both Picture & Practice (Dress Rehearsal) Day (Fri, June 18) and Filming Day (Sat, June 19). There are a multitude of time-specific jobs that range from setting up, staffing stations, checking dancers in, escorting dancers down the red carpet, cleaning spaces between groups, props/costuming, wrangling and prepping dancers between dance acts!
5) Merchandise, Concessions/Baking: This sign up is baking goods for the concessions during the Filming Weekend (Picture & Practice Dress Rehearsal Day June 18 & Filming Day June 19) as well as Drive-in showings (June 25-27). It also includes staffing shifts for staging/set up, selling, and clean up of Merchandise & Concessions booths each weekend.
SBDA Recital "Showcase" Season
Copyright © San Benito Dance Academy | All Rights Reserved
All updates sent out to SBDA Members/Recital Participants will be posted here, linked for reference:
We're using SignUp.com to help us organize our upcoming event. Please click the button above to sign up for a volunteer job of your choosing.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp.
2) Review the Volunteer job options listed (some are at designated scheduled times, and some are projects with a due date, but not set at a specific time) and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) It's easy; you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password. You will receive reminders and communication via the contact info you enter.
101 McCray Street, Suite 104; Hollister, CA 95023 USA
1st order in and available to pick up! ~Apr. 29
2nd order closed May 1st; expected in by mid-May
Volunteering in a designated capacity is more important than ever before (if you've been with an SBDA member for a while,
you know it's only the way we can successfully put on a recital season, especially during these times), and support our dancers!