(for dress rehearsal)
We've had 10 Nutcracker Seasons, and have learned some things along the way... it's hard to put a show together if people don't follow instructions, know where/when to be present, or chip in to assist...
In attempts to help you keep organized and informed (and therefore in turn help us keep things running as they should!), we would like to highlight these main methods to get information, mark dates on your calendar, and to be prepared, on time, and ready for all rehearsals.
• Email: CHECK IT OFTEN AND READ THEM THOROUGHLY!
We send all-cast emails through our an email marketing campaign system, so they may be marked as "Promotions" or junk and automatically filtered to a separate folder on your server, without your knowledge! To prevent this from happening, make sure to add SBDAstudio@gmail.com to your contacts!
• Jackrabbit (online database, registration form): If you have yet to register on Jackrabbit, you cannot be in the show. This is easy to complete; we need your dancer's and family's contact info. Register with this form.We will be sending emails to specific groups regarding rehearsals, and if you're not in the program's database, you won't be notified. This is also for billing purposes, to keep track of cast fees and payments received, etc. Bookmark the portal to access your family's account and view vital info, receive communication, and view your billing/account details.
• Nutcracker Info Center at studio: bulletin board, table with Nutcracker business: order forms, scheduling, sweatshirt cast-name approval (check spelling), volunteer info, and more!
• Website: You're here! As you can see, this page has news, rehearsal scheduling for upcoming weekends, and links to all the info you need access to during the season!
See photos, scheduling updates, attend / invite friends/family to the performance event, and more!
• Text Reminders via Remind App: if you already have the app, please make sure you're actively receiving notifications. If you don't have the app, the messages will arrive to your phone via text message. These messages are sent the day before rehearsals every weekend by our Volunteer Coordinator, Kimberly Royston. If you have any questions, please (re-)read all previous communication, then direct your question to her. She is a veteran Nutcracker Mom! (... she's been with us since Season 1, in 2008!) She will direct you accordingly.
• Photo Share Sites: Here are links to photo collections from this season:
* The 2018 Nutcracker Season PHOTO GALLERY (download/upload images)
* Audition & rehearsal photos are also on Facebook:
If you experience issues with any of these forms of communication, please inform us immediately by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEEP POSTED FOR UPDATES ON REHEARSAL SCHEDULING.
MISSING A REHEARSAL?
If for some reason a dancer is to miss a rehearsal which was not previously excused, contact the choreographer with as much notice as possible.
Important key dates to keep in mind throughout Nutcracker Season:
"Show Order Document"
to know the flow of the show,
and where your parts fit in.
101 McCray Street, Suite 104 Hollister CA 95023 USA
On this page, you'll find links and important info that will guide you through the Nutcracker Season - from the audition and registration to the cast list, explanation of AD / BC Casts, the rehearsal schedule, order forms, preparations and what to expect for dress rehearsal and the performances, even links to social media and where you can see media of all the seasonal happenings... and of course links to purchase show tickets (pick up at studio or will-call at the door).
Below, in the Nutcracker News section, you'll find important information about how we communicate with you, to keep you in the loop and on top of the to do list!
Anything you can't find? Let us know.
Copyright © San Benito Dance Academy | All Rights Reserved
are still available for purchase at the studio: choose from AD/BC casts,
with behind-the-scenes B-roll included!
Auditions 2017 Weekend Follow Up:
We could not do this without our faithful SBDA Family of volunteers, instructors, helpers, and parents.
WANT TO SEE WHAT PAST YEARS' PRODUCTIONS HAVE LOOKED LIKE?
Check out our YouTube Channel, or purchase a DVD of a past show, for a discounted price!